The Parkinson’s Advanced Practice Nurse and the Brindabella Rehabilitation Service are collaborating to present monthly group education sessions for people with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease and their carers. This education will address Parkinson’s and the available resources within the ACT and surrounding areas.
Each session will cover:
- a brief overview of what Parkinson’s Disease is and how it affects your brain
- an explanation of ‘who does what’ in your healthcare team
- education about how to manage your medicines
- strategies to help manage your symptoms
- information about exercises and tools that can help you with daily living
- how to prevent falls.
Anyone living with Parkinson’s, or their carers, can register for this education session.
Sessions are held every three months from 1:30pm to 3pm. To confirm the next session date please call (02) 5124 0200 or email TCHparkinsonsnurse@act.gov.au.
For full details see the attached flyer.