The Parkinson’s Advanced Practice Nurse and the Brindabella Rehabilitation Service are collaborating to present monthly group education sessions for people with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease and their carers. This education will address Parkinson’s and the available resources within the ACT and surrounding areas.
Each session will cover:
– a brief overview of what Parkinson’s Disease is and how it affects your brain
– an explanation of ‘who does what’ in your healthcare team
– education about how to manage your medicines
– strategies to help manage your symptoms
– information about exercises and tools that can help you with daily living
– how to prevent falls.
Anyone living with Parkinson’s, or their carers, can register for this education session.
Sessions are held on the fourth Thursday of every month from 1:30pm to 3pm.
For full details see the attached flyer.