To coincide with Parkinson’s Awareness Month, Capital Health Network is launching a dedicated phone advice service for people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their carers in the ACT.
The CHN Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist, Naomi Edison, is available each Wednesday morning between 9am – noon on 0400 206 793. The clinic will commence on Wed. 10 April (the day before World Parkinson’s Day).
What the phone clinic can offer:
- assistance in navigating the health system
- basic education and information regarding symptom management
- advice on available services in the ACT and assistance in making referrals
- identification of short term concerns and appropriate pathways for management.
What the clinic cannot do:
- offer advice regarding medications, medication adjustments and prescribing options.
Naomi is also available to attend general practices to meet with Practice Nurses and/or patients alike to speak with them about a Parkinson’s Disease diagnosis. The role of Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist is supported by Parkinson’s ACT, Rotary Club of Hall and the John James Foundation.